By Liz Coughlin
In today’s fragmented media world, where technology enables consumers to control what, where and when they experience their entertainment, traditional methods of reaching audiences aren’t enough. Brands need to make deeper connections to break through and engage, wherever their audiences happen to be. By harnessing the power of great storytelling, we help brands make those deep and lasting connections.
Whether integrating brand messaging and products into top-rated TV shows and movies, or creating and distributing original short-form documentaries, our team of producers and entertainment marketers help our clients make an impact. Our longstanding relationships with A-list writers and directors, television and film production companies, major broadcast and cable networks, studios, talent agencies and top digital platforms enable us to provide unique access to top global entertainment properties.
Once we identify the most strategic properties with which to align, we work with our creative partners to ensure our client’s brand attributes are authentically woven into a story to maximum effect. We then develop an audience engagement plan that delivers our branded entertainment programming across the media spectrum in earned, owned, paid and social channels. We combine that with 360° integrated marketing activations that extend the experience via promotions, retail, gaming and events.
We have worked with brands in virtually every category, ranging from health care to consumer products and travel, unlocking brand imagination for clients like Anvil, Clorox, Armor All, Brita, RIM, Hidden Valley, Kingsford, Symantec, Shell, Xbox, Dannon and Dove. For example, we’re the ones who:
- Promoted health and hydration for Brita on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” for eight seasons. Not only did we make the show bottled-water free but also we got consumers to pledge to do the same
- Developed the award-winning “Possibility Shop” for Clorox laundry and cleaning brands with Disney and Family.com
- Created the Brita FilterForGood Music Project and engaged award-winning Sundance Film Festival filmmaker Destin Crettin to develop a Brita-commissioned documentary called “Music Sustains” that debuted at Sundance Film Festival
- Launched the first ever Rx Web series for VIMOVO, AstraZeneca’s osteoarthritis medication, highlighting how osteoarthritis affects one’s daily life; winner of a 2012 Telly Award
- Created “A Message from Earth,” the short film we produced for Anvil Knitwear to highlight the benefits of organic farming, launched in at Farm Aid 2010; winner of a 2011 W3 Award
- Created seven films of the “1 Litre Challenge” at the Shell Eco-marathon, each featuring a local celebrity ambassador, driving hundreds of thousands of eyeballs to a FuelSave training module
- Worked on Xbox All Areas and created compelling content at aspirational celebrity/music events appealing to a consumer audience above and beyond the core gamer
For more information about our capabilities in branded entertainment, please contact Liz Coughlin.
Published on Brandfit.